- Preston, Lancashire
- £15.00 – £15.10/hour
The Industrial Work Solutions are currently looking to recruit experienced Semi – Skilled Welder/Fabricator with a proven track record of working in same roles.
The role is for one of the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of commercial diving equipment. They manufacture hyperbaric chambers, saturation diving systems, diver launch and recovery systems, hot water machines, diving control panels and auxiliary support systems. Surface supplied diving umbilical’s, underwater camera systems, underwater lighting, hydraulic underwater tools, and underwater NDT equipment.
The successful applicant will have / be:
- Experience in Steel fabrications using Mild and Stainless-Steel materials
- Ability to produce fabrications from pre-cut sections and in-house sources
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Mig welding experience required in various materials
- Tig welding experience is beneficial
- Experience in material ranges 3 -10mm thickness
- No welding certification is required. Training will be provided to the right individual
- Ability to use associated hand tools
- Grasp of modern Health & Safety requirements within a fabrication environment
- Any pipe fitting experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work individually to defined tolerances and self-certifying
- General maintenance activities required
- Excellent communication skills; high level of verbal and written English.
- The ability to work to tight timescales in a challenging environment.
- Plenty of drive, energy, and determination.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Overseas work as and when required
- Overtime work as and when required
- Monday – Thursday 7.30 am until 5 pm
- Friday 8 am until 12 pm