- Lancaster, Cumbria
- £15.00 – £18.00/hour
The Industrial Work Solutions UK who operate as an employment business are currently looking for a Class 7 MOT tester and HGV Mechanic/Fitter in the Lancaster area. You will have strong previous experience working on Heavy Commercial Vehicles and Diesel Engines. You will be required to carry out routine maintenance, service and repair on a variety of HGVs Trucks including MOT preparation .
HGV Mechanic Job Description:
– Perform routine maintenance and repairs on vehicles and equipment
– Diagnose mechanical issues and provide appropriate solutions
– Conduct inspections and identify potential problems
– Repair or replace faulty components, such as engines, transmissions, brakes, and suspension systems
– Perform tune-ups and oil changes
– Test drive vehicles to ensure proper functioning after repairs
– Maintain accurate records of all repairs and services performed
– Proven experience equivalent a HGV mechanic
– Strong knowledge of automotive systems and components
– Proficient in using diagnostic tools and equipment
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Good communication skills to interact with customers and explain repair processes
– Physical stamina to lift heavy parts and equipment
We offer competitive pay based on experience and qualifications. Benefits may include health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume along with any relevant certifications or licenses.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop within the company as they grow.