Asphalt & Concrete Plant Fitters
- £60.000 – £75.000/annum
Our Client, based in Ulverston, Cumbria, are leaders in their field of Structural Steel Fabrications, and Buildings.
They are currently looking for Asphalt and Concrete Plant Fitters to work on various sites within the South East and London
The successful candidates must have the following experience and skills gained within the Asphalt and Concrete Plant environments:
- In-depth knowledge of asphalt plant maintenance and processes (drum and batch plants)
- Knowledge of concrete plant maintenance and processes (dry and wet batch plants)
- Knowledge and understanding of pneumatics systems (Rams, solenoids, pneumatic systems)
- All round mechanical engineering experience of changing and inspecting bearings, rollers, drums, valves and gates.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with this industry
- Ability to be able to MMA weld in an on-site environment
- Ability to carry out plant inspections with regard to identifying defects and reporting issues using online systems
- Ability to prioritise workload, set and work to timelines
- Ability to write H&S documentation (Risk assessments, method statements) for the tasks that you will undertake and adhere to permit conditions.
Self-motivation and excellent timekeeping and attendance is a must as you will be working on customer sites with minimal supervision.
Due to the nature of the work, you must be fully fit, be able to climb ladders/stairs and hold a Full UK driving licence.
The following qualifications and experience are also desirable:
- Confined Space working
- Mobile Plant Operation (MEWP, Telehandler, FEL)
- First Aid
Days / Hours of work:
The working hours are 12 per day, 12 days on with 2 days off. You are required to be fully flexible with regard to working hours and weekend working due to the nature of the work involved.
Travel and accommodation will be provided to those successful candidates who live out of the area, this will be confirmed during the recruitment process.