Class 2 HGV Driver
Contract Type: Holiday cover for 2 weeks Mon 21st Oct – Fri 1st Nov ( Mon – Fri)
Hours of work: roughly 10 hrs per day
Salary: Contractor rate Mon = Fri £13.00 ph first 8 hrs £19.50 ph after.
More About the Role
As a HGV Driver you will be required to complete 1 or 2 drops per day in either Hull, Manchester, Bristol or Luton. It is imperative that all paperwork is completed correctly. A good level of communication is needed to inform the traffic desks of any delays ect. Loads must be checked and strapped correctly. This work requires some early start times depending on the delivery destination. These will be either 00.45 or 01.45, and will finish anywhere from 11.00am – 13.00. You will be required to empty the vehicle of aby waste cardboard and packaging at the end of each driving shift.
- Is enthusiastic, passionate and energetic whilst consistently striving to exceed expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good understanding of Tacho laws and driving hours
- Demonstrates good time management
- Meets deadlines whilst uncompromising quality
- English written and verbal communication skills
- Adopts a positive ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- To drive HGV Class 2 vehicles as instructed and according to current legislation
- To load goods onto vehicles according to a pre-determined schedule
- To deliver all goods in good condition
- To return goods and documentation at the end of each journey
- To maintain and update tachographs
- To ensure all loads are strapped correctly
We are a well-established recruitment business with a collective experience of over 75 years. We currently supply quality, experienced labour to a number of large Haulage Businesses with excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction. We believe that our success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
|£13ph||first 8 hrs|